In winter, do-it-yourself blanks always diverge very well. One of the most popular is caviar from mushrooms. If you learn how to cook such a treat, you will not regret it, because it tastes just great. Remember some recipes for making it.
How to cook mushroom caviar
Mistresses make this dish in many ways. As a rule, before preparing caviar from mushrooms, they are washed, cleaned, cut, boiled in water with salt. Then they are twisted in a meat grinder or interrupted by a blender. The remaining components, for example, vegetables, are crushed, fried, and then mixed with mushrooms and spices. If preparation is made for the winter, then vinegar is added to it, laid out on sterilized banks and rolled up.
What mushrooms are made
Mushrooms, mushrooms, chanterelles, russula, brown mushrooms are suitable for the dish. It turns out very tasty and appetizer. The main and immutable rule is that mushrooms must be edible. Sort them before cooking, discard rotten, overripe. You can take not only fresh mushrooms, but also frozen, salted, dried. Some preserve the hats as a whole, and already from the legs make several jars of caviar. Both dishes come out very tasty.
Mushroom caviar recipe
There are different methods for preparing caviar, each of them has its own advantages. It is worth noting that caviar is not only eaten as an independent dish. It is smeared on sandwiches, added to pies, casseroles, and other pastries. Caviar can be a side dish for meat or even an ingredient in a first course, such as soup. Try to cook it according to one of the following recipes and see how delicious it is.
This appetizer is very aromatic, spicy. This is because the recipe for preparing mushroom caviar for the winter includes a lot of greens. The dish looks very beautiful, so you can safely put it on the holiday table. There is nothing complicated in the cooking process. Even if you've never done canning before, you can easily handle it.
- assorted mushrooms: white, boletus, boletus - 1.5 kg;
- fresh parsley - 75 g;
- onion - 10 small heads;
- fresh dill - 75 g;
- vegetable oil - 0.3 l;
- fresh cilantro - 75 g;
- apple cider vinegar (6%) - 120 ml;
- salt - 30 g;
- water - 2.25 liters.
- Wash the mushrooms, cut into pieces. Pour them with water and salt and cook. Clean up the foam often.
- After 40 minutes, drain the water, pass the mushrooms through a meat grinder.
- Peel the onion, fry it until golden brown, chop with a meat grinder.
- Wash and dry the greens. Chop it up finely.
- Stir the mushrooms with onions, herbs, add vinegar and oil.
- Arrange the workpiece in small jars, having previously sterilized them.
- Lay a towel at the bottom of the large pan. Put the blanks covered with plastic covers there. Put the pan on the stove and pour so much water into it that it does not reach the neck of the cans by several centimeters.
- Sterilize for about 40 minutes from the moment the boil begins. Take out the jars, close them with sterilized lids.
From mushrooms -
The appetizer is not only very tasty, but also beautiful in color, thanks to the tomatoes that are in the composition. You yourself can see this if you look at the photo with its image. You definitely need to remember how to cook caviar from honey mushrooms. You can surprise your loved ones, friends, guests with this dish. Read how to cook this great appetizer.
- honey agarics - 1.5 kg;
- black pepper (peas) - 8-9 pcs.;
- tomatoes - 1.5 kg;
- sugar - 30 g;
- onions - 1.5 kg;
- salt - 15 g;
- tomato paste - 75 ml;
- vegetable oil - 0.3 l.
- Boil mushrooms in salted water.
- Scald tomatoes with boiling water and carefully peel them.
- Peel and chop the onion finely.
- Grind mushrooms and all vegetables with a meat grinder or a blender.
- Put the food in the pan. Add butter, salt, sugar, tomato paste.
- Put the pan on a small fire and simmer for an hour under the lid. Stir eggs often.
- Put the peas in the sterilized jars. Spread the caviar over them. Turn over the jars, having previously closed them with lids, and wrap them in a warm blanket. When they cool, move them to a cool room.
From dried mushrooms
An original and tasty appetizer that you can serve immediately after cooking. Mushroom caviar from dried mushrooms turns out to be very fragrant, and in consistency resembles a paste. It is ideal for making sandwiches, can be used as a filling for pies, cake rolls, pizza. Be sure to read how to cook this great caviar.
- dry mushrooms - 250 g;
- vinegar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- onions - 4 pcs.;
- salt, allspice - to your taste;
- green onion - 4 feathers;
- milk - 100 ml;
- vegetable oil - 4 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - a tablespoon;
- olive oil - 2 tbsp. l
- Pour mushrooms with cold water and leave for several hours. They should increase in volume. When this happens, cook them until cooked in salted water, and then fill with milk and leave for half an hour.
- Peel the bulbs. Cut one and fry in vegetable oil. Grind the rest, but leave it raw.
- Strain excess milk from the mushrooms. Mix them with fried and fresh onions, beat with a blender. Add olive oil, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper to the dish, mix thoroughly.
- Serve the appetizer, sprinkled with chopped green onions.
Mushroom caviar with carrots and onions
This appetizer turns out to be spicy, it is incredibly tasty. Mushroom caviar with carrots and onions comes out very bright, looks great in the photo. Having prepared it once, you will begin to do it all the time, because everyone loves the snack and it flies very quickly, especially on the festive table. Make yourself and your family happy with this amazing dish.
- mushrooms - 2 kg;
- ground red pepper - 0.5 tsp;
- carrot - 0.4 kg;
- salt - 30 g;
- onions - 0.4 kg;
- vegetable oil - 0.4 l;
- table vinegar (9%) - 20 ml.
- Wash the saffron milk and cook for 45 minutes in salt water. Strain and cool them.
- Peel the vegetables. Finely chop the onion and grate the carrots.
- Fry the onions in a skillet until transparent. Put the carrots in the same place. Cook until soft.
- Pass the mushrooms through a meat grinder, mix with vegetables. Add oil, pepper.
- Put the workpiece on the stove and simmer for an hour, constantly stirring.
- Pour vinegar into the appetizer a couple of minutes before disconnecting.
- Spawn caviar in sterilized jars. Roll them up and place them upside down under a warm blanket. When cool, move to where it is cool.
From fresh mushrooms
This appetizer is considered a real delicacy, it is very tasty, hearty, fragrant. Every hostess who wants to please relatives or guests needs to remember how to cook mushroom caviar from fresh mushrooms. The recipe, which you will see below, uses milk mushrooms. These mushrooms are famous for their pleasant, full-bodied taste. Mushroom caviar will be especially good if they are recently harvested.
- Gruzdy - 1.5 kg;
- black pepper (peas) - 15 pcs.;
- onions - 10 medium heads;
- cloves - 6 branches;
- garlic - 1.5 heads;
- horseradish leaves - 6 pcs.;
- vinegar 3% (wine or apple) - 100 ml;
- greens - a bunch;
- carrot - 3 pcs.;
- vegetable oil - 300 ml;
- salt - 3 tbsp. l .;
- tomato juice - 300 ml.
- Clean, wash and cut the breasts. Boil them in salt water. The process will take 40 minutes from the moment of boiling.
- Grind onions, rub carrots. Fry in vegetable oil until soft.
- Stir mushrooms, vegetables, chopped greens. Stew in tomato juice for an hour. About five minutes before turning off, pour in the vinegar.
- In the jars, evenly distribute the cloves of garlic, peas of pepper, cloves, horseradish leaves.
- Remove the prepared caviar from the heat and pass through a meat grinder. Put it in jars (sterilized), roll it up. Turn the lids down, leave for a day under the rug. Move to a cold place. The dish will be ready after a week and can be stored for a year.
If the main ingredient has lain for some time in the freezer, you can still make a great snack out of it. Caviar from frozen mushrooms will be no less tasty than from fresh or dried. If you see both of these dishes in the photo, you won’t even be able to determine which of them is. Read how to make mushroom caviar from a frozen product and be sure to use the recipe.
- frozen champignons - 1 kg;
- vegetable oil - 4 tbsp. l .;
- onion - 2 small heads;
- salt, spices - at your discretion;
- carrot - 1 large;
- ground black pepper - 0.5 tsp;
- tomato paste - 1.5 tbsp. l .;
- parsley - a few twigs.
- Defrost champignons, drain excess liquid, cook in salted water.
- Grate the carrots, chop the onion finely. Sauté the vegetables in a skillet, making medium heat, until tender.
- Pass boiled mushrooms through a meat grinder along with vegetables, mix well.
- Put the workpiece on the stove, constantly stir it and wait for it to boil. Add a little salt, chopped herbs, spices, pepper, tomato paste. Stew under the lid for 40 minutes.
- You can cool the caviar and serve or roll it still hot in a sterilized container. In the second case, the appetizer is first laid out in banks. After it is sterilized in boiling water for a quarter of an hour, it is closed and immediately placed in a cold place.
Cooking Mushroom Caviar - Chef Tips
Make an appetizer following these guidelines:
- If you are going to cook mushroom caviar from conditionally edible mushrooms, first soak them in water with salt and citric acid.
- Most of all, appetizer, chanterelles are suitable for snacks.
- Any mushrooms for cooking caviar need to be cooked for at least 40 minutes. If you roll it, you will need to fry all the vegetables that are part of the recipe.
- It is permissible to store caviar in the open state in the refrigerator for no longer than five days.
- If you keep the workpiece warm, it is better to cover it with metal covers. In other cases, it is preferable to take kapron.