The modern procedure for chemical facial scrubbing - TCA exfoliation - helps to refresh the skin of the face, remove fine wrinkles, age spots, freckles. The effectiveness of the method is due to the effect on the skin of trichloroacetic acid, which is the basis of the composition for peeling.
The essence of the procedure
Median peeling TCA - a procedure for chemical exfoliation of facial skin with a 15 or 50% trichloroacetic acid solution. This substance refers to organic compounds that work in the middle and deep layers of the skin. Acid molecules penetrate deep into the epidermis, where they destroy the intercellular connections, exposing burns to soft tissues.
To eliminate inflammation, the body starts the active process of cell regeneration, due to which the stratum corneum is rejected, and the epidermis is updated. The acid composition for TCA peeling has a number of positive effects:
- destroys keratinized layers of the epidermis;
- cleanses pores;
- enhances the synthesis of natural elastin and collagen;
- blocks the effect of free radicals;
- enhances the protective properties of the skin;
- evens complexion.
Trichloroacetic acid has pronounced anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antiseptic properties, so TCA peeling will be especially useful for people with oily or problematic (prone to rashes) skin. The price for the procedure in the salons of Moscow varies from 4000 to 8000 rubles.
TCA peeling is carried out solely on indications, which include:
- relief of the skin of the face (the presence of tubercles, wrinkles, scars, scars);
- age-related pigmentation;
- uneven complexion due to excessive exposure to the sun;
- stretch marks (striae) on the body;
- flat birthmarks;
- signs of photoaging;
- enlarged pores;
- problem or oily skin;
- loss of tone, elasticity of the skin.
Peeling with trichloroacetic acid is strictly contraindicated in the following conditions or diagnoses:
- the period of breastfeeding;
- individual intolerance to the composition;
- bacterial or parasitic diseases;
- diseases of the skin caused by fungi;
- increased tendency to scarring;
- viral diseases;
- endocrine system diseases;
- disturbances in the cardiovascular system;
- wounds or cuts in the treated area;
- mental disorders;
- 4-6 skin phototype according to Fitzpatrick's classification.
Preparation for the procedure
Pre-peeling preparation consists in taking certain medications that a dermatologist must prescribe, using medical cosmetics and observing some other subtleties of face and body care. General rules are as follows:
- 4 weeks before TCA peeling from daily face or body care, it is necessary to completely exclude the use of brushes, sponges, scrubs, sponges and any abrasive products.
- A month before the procedure, every day before going outside, apply sunscreen with a SPF filter of at least 50.
- Yes 3 weeks before TCA peeling supplement basic care with cosmetics containing fruit acids.
- 3-4 days before the procedure, start taking antiviral drugs.
- If 5–6 days are left before TCA peeling, refuse to visit tanning salons, saunas, and do not pluck your eyebrows.
Description of procedure
TCA peeling is carried out only in beauty salons by a specialist who has the necessary qualifications and permission to provide such services. The protocol of the procedure is always the same and includes several stages:
- The client's skin is cleaned of dirt, makeup residues, sweat using a special antiseptic.
- A peeling solution is applied to the body or face with a special brush. Its concentration is selected in advance, according to indications. The higher it is, the more effective the procedure.
- To reduce pain, direct flow of cold air is directed to the client’s body. Exfoliation with trichloroacetic acid above 30% is performed under anesthesia.
- After a few minutes, the skin tone begins to change: pink color - damage to the upper layers of the epidermis, light white frost - penetration of acid into the middle layers of the dermis, saturated white coating - deep TCA.
- After the appearance of the desired shade, the specialist proceeds to neutralize the acid. To do this, use warm water or special cosmetic formulations.
- To partially soothe irritated skin, a moisturizing mask with vitamins is applied to the face.
- At the final stage, the body or face of the client is treated with sunscreen.
After Peeling Care
The next day after the procedure, the skin is covered with a thin film, which on day 4 becomes a dense crust. Gradually, the crust begins to peel off and fall away. At this time, antiseptic agents, moisturizers and cosmetics that stimulate collagen production should be applied to the skin.
You can wash your face, take a shower 2-3 days after TCA peeling without using aggressive gels, oily foams or hydrophilic oils. While undergoing rehabilitation, it is prohibited:
- visit the pool, sauna, bathhouse, solarium;
- located in the open sun;
- perform any aggressive facial procedures;
- attend the gym.
2-3 weeks after TCA peeling, the essence of rehabilitation should be aimed at normalizing metabolic processes, restoring the elasticity of skin fibers, accelerated production of collagen and elastin. To achieve these goals, it is recommended to use nutritious and moisturizing agents, undergo a biorevitalization procedure or mesotherapy.
Consequences and Complications
In addition to the beneficial effects, TCA peeling can lead to a number of complications. The most common consequences include:
- the appearance of dark pigment spots;
- prolonged erythema;
- the appearance of the effect of marbled skin;
- the emergence of a demarcation border (the line between the treated area of the body and the untreated);
- active scarring;
- splash of acne;
- hypersensitivity of the skin to the sun, external environmental factors, cosmetics.