Honey has amazing healing properties, can cure almost any disease and is used in cooking. Honey for hair is widely used, because its cosmetic properties are in no way inferior to medicinal. Therefore, this useful beekeeping product is used in the care of appearance and is added to the composition of various cosmetics. Honey has a positive effect on the condition of the scalp due to which it is added to home cosmetics.
What is honey good for hair
Natural flower honey is a unique product with a lot of positive properties, the analogues of which do not exist. Its use for hair is invaluable:
- the composition of the product includes a large number of vitamins and minerals useful for the health of hair. The substances contained in home remedies perfectly nourish the hair, fill it with valuable components due to which there is not only their healing, but also strengthening;
- it is a nutritious product that becomes simply indispensable in caring for dry, dull, brittle and weakened curls. In combination with vegetable oils, this has an excellent nourishing and moisturizing effect; restoration of the damaged structure along the entire length is carried out;
- masks for the care of blond hair are especially valuable. For blondes, honey is also used as a natural means of lightening, provided that it is used regularly. The strands turn out lighter, a light honey shade is added;
- compounds with honey accelerate hair growth, as they improve blood circulation in the cells of the scalp;
- honey also benefits if there is a split ends problem. You can get rid of this through the systematic use of this product.
Depending on the purpose for which the honey mask is used, chamomile, lemon, mustard, cinnamon, vodka, cognac, milk, gelatin, banana can be added to its composition.
Honey masks for growth and strengthening - reviews
To make hair masks with honey, it is worth remembering that it is only necessary to use a natural product. However, it is a strong allergen and its use is possible with normal tolerance by the body. To test allergies, it is recommended to conduct a simple test - a little honey is applied to the skin and left for a while until it is absorbed. If there are no rashes or irritations, you can use beekeeping products in any form regularly.
Ingredients: egg yolk (1 pc.), Onion (1 pc.), Kefir (1 tbsp. Spoon), cognac (1 tbsp. L.), Honey (3 tsp.).
Preparation: grind the onion on a fine grater, squeeze all the juice with gauze, folded in several layers. It is necessary to take exactly 1 tablespoon of onion juice, add the remaining ingredients except the yolk. Mix everything thoroughly. At the end we introduce the egg yolk.
Application: apply the resulting mass to the hair, evenly distribute along the entire length, leave for 40 minutes. Wash off using a mild shampoo and warm water, then apply any balm, dry in a dry hair dryer. Apply several times a week.
The following prescription of traditional medicine is recommended against baldness:
Ingredients: burdock oil (1 tbsp. L.), Egg yolk (1 pc.), Honey (1 tbsp. L.), Cognac (15 ml.).
Preparation: mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
Application: the resulting burdock should be applied to wet scalp, leave for about half an hour. After the specified time, wash off the mixture with shampoo and warm water.
Vika "For a month I regularly use such a honey mask and decided to leave my review. The brittle hair acquired a healthy shine, became silky to the touch, and I forgot about the cut ends."
Ingredients: egg (1 pc.), Cinnamon (1 tbsp.), Burdock oil (2 tbsp.), Natural honey (3 tsp.).
Preparation: slightly heat the honey in a water bath, add cinnamon, oil, an egg, whipped in advance with a whisk. All the ingredients are mixed well until a mass of homogeneous consistency is obtained.
Application: the mixture is applied to the scalp, washed off after one hour. Before rubbing the mass, it is worth remembering that cinnamon provokes a burning sensation, so the mask is not suitable for owners of sensitive skin. The composition includes oil, and to completely remove it, you need to wash your hair twice.
Kristina "I periodically use this mask, because it not only perfectly cares, but also brightens, prevents hair loss. I have a shade of" blond ", when there is a desire to shade hair, but the paint does not fit, I use a honey-egg mask."
Ingredients: onions (1 pc.), Natural honey (1 tbsp. L.).
Preparation: peel the onion, grind it on a fine grater. The resulting slurry is mixed with the remaining ingredient.
Application: rub the gruel into the scalp, leave for half an hour. This useful folk recipe will help strengthen hair and accelerate its growth. You need to wash your hair with clean water with the addition of essential oils (a couple of drops). The main thing is that the water is warm. The mask is suitable for both blondes and brunettes.
Anna "I always used only store masks and balms, but I decided to try traditional medicine. For a long time I could not find a remedy that would be suitable for my hair, but this mask became a real salvation. I do it once a week, the result is amazing - the curls are soft, healthy, no problem with split ends. "
Ingredients: honey (3 tsp), lemon juice (1 tbsp.), Pepper (15 ml.), Burdock oil (1 tbsp.), Egg yolk (1 pc.). For owners of long hair, the number of ingredients must be increased.
Preparation: cut the lemon into halves, squeeze the juice. In a separate container, mix the resulting juice and the remaining ingredients.
Application: the resulting mixture is applied primarily to the roots, then distributed over the entire length, left for one hour. If there is no burning sensation, the mixture is left for an hour and a half. It is washed off with warm water with shampoo, then any balm is used, because such a mask can dry out. This remedy is intended against loss, strengthens, gives a healthy shine, provides excellent nutrition (applied 1-2 times a week).
Karina "After giving birth I encountered an unpleasant problem of hair loss. I have been using this mask for 1.5 months - the result is amazing. Hair not only stopped falling out in shreds, but also became more dense, obedient."
To prevent hair loss, it is recommended to regularly use the following recipes of alternative medicine:
- with baldness, it is necessary to rub linden-colored honey into the roots in a pure form, without using any additives - it remains for one hour, then the head is washed with warm water;
- mix aloe juice (1 tablespoon) with liquid honey (1 tablespoon) and fresh potato juice (2 tablespoons). Gently massage the resulting mixture into the scalp with soft massage movements, then wrap polyethylene and a towel around the head, leave for 2 hours. Wash off using any shampoo and warm water;
- in a glass container, mix jojoba oil (1 tbsp.), honey (1 tbsp.), egg yolk (1 pc.), propolis extract (1 tsp.), add mummy tablets (2 pcs.). All components are thoroughly mixed until a homogeneous mass is formed and applied for 40 minutes on the head. After the specified time, wash off with shampoo;
- it is recommended to strengthen hair with the following mask - mix natural yogurt without additives (1 tsp), honey (1 tsp), cognac (6 drops), garlic juice (6 drops) and any balm (1 tbsp. .). Wash our hair, apply the mixture for half an hour, then rinse without using shampoo. This remedy leaves a light garlic aroma, so it is best to do the procedure at night, before bedtime.
For dry tips
To get rid of the split ends problem, you should use the following folk recipes:
- in a glass container, mix apple cider vinegar (1 tbsp. l.), honey (2 tbsp. l.), and almond oil (1 tbsp. l.). We mix all the ingredients well, rub the mixture into the ends of the strands, rinse with warm water and shampoo after half an hour;
- you can treat split ends with such a mask - mix wheat germ oil (2 tbsp.), honey (3 tsp.) and apple cider vinegar (1 tbsp.). All components are thoroughly mixed, the resulting mixture is applied to wet ends, rinse with a mild shampoo, warm water after half an hour.
Lightening hair with cinnamon and honey
Traditional medicine contains a large number of diverse recipes for effective hair products that help solve various problems. For clarification, the following composition will be useful:
- cinnamon (3 tbsp. l.);
- honey (3 tbsp. l.);
- any store balm (150 g) due to which the resulting mass will be easily applied to the strands.
All components are thoroughly mixed until a homogeneous plastic mass is obtained, which we apply to a previously washed head. You can use not only fresh, but also candied honey (before use, dissolve in a water bath, but do not heat too much so that it does not lose its useful properties).
The resulting mixture is applied to the hair and evenly distributed over the entire length. The composition can not be rubbed into the roots and applied to the skin, because cinnamon has a warming effect and can greatly bake. Then we wrap the head with a plastic bag, we insulate with a towel. Leave for half an hour, then remove the towel and wait a few more hours. Depending on what effect you want to achieve, the exposure time is from 3 to 10 hours, so it is best to do this procedure at night.
In order not to get an olive shade, you must strictly adhere to the instructions. Wash off the composition with warm water using a mild shampoo. Cinnamon is poorly washed, so after washing we apply balm on the strands and rinse again after half an hour. Some grains may remain, but do not worry, because they are easily removed with a brush. If necessary, you can do this procedure again in a few days.
Learn how to lighten hair with cinnamon and other recipes.