Every woman has a desire to change something in her appearance, but for someone it is only the color of her hair, and for someone, the shape of her nose. Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular types of surgical intervention, but in its traditional form it scares you with a number of complications. An alternative may be a non-surgical technique. Is it safe and effective?
Correction of the nose without surgery, by cosmetic means, is intended to correct minor defects: radical changes or restoration after an injury with a fracture are beyond her power. A non-surgical technique as an alternative to classical rhinoplasty, a cosmetologist can offer a patient in whom:
- slight asymmetry of the nose;
- cavities, acute angle in the bridge of the nose and other bumps in the septum;
- light hump;
- flat back of nose;
- weak mechanical injury (not a fracture);
- defects of the tip of the nose (the need to raise, narrow, reduce, get rid of snub-nosed);
- wrinkles appeared near the nose, skin began to sag;
- An unsuccessful operation was performed.
The prefix "non-surgical" speaks for itself: during such rhinoplasty, the appearance of the bones does not change at all - only the filling of voids occurs, due to which the surface is leveled and small defects disappear. Modern cosmetology offers customers 5 main types of non-surgical nose correction:
- Fillers - using gel implants. The technique has a minimum of contraindications, the drugs used are well tolerated, but the duration of the result depends on the particular filler. When using permanent compounds (silicone, biopolymer), the risk of tissue fibrosis increases. The disadvantage of this method is the inability to achieve significant changes in the shape of the nose, it cannot be reduced either. The cost of the procedure is 20,000-35,000 p.
- Threads - used to tighten the skin, lift the tip of the nose. For the procedure, permanent or biodegradable (dissolved with time) threads are used. With thin light skin, the technique is not suitable, as with a tendency to keloid scars. The first couple of days, the sensation of the presence of filaments is unpleasant, the rehabilitation is long. The price of the service starts from 18000 p.
- Hormonal drugs - cleavage agents are used that reduce the amount of cartilage tissue. The non-surgical procedure is carried out in several stages to prevent complications (especially tissue atrophy). The disadvantage is the large number of side effects. Price - 35000-40000 p.
- With a cuff - a plastic clip (less often a plaster cast) is put on the nose, which must be worn for several hours daily. It helps to raise the tip, narrow the wings, remove the asymmetry. Correction of defects takes several months, sensations in the process are unpleasant, a large number of contraindications. The price of the crib itself is in the range of 300-500 r., But the rhinoplasty procedure costs 10000-25000 r.
How to make a correction
The non-surgical method of changing the contours of the nose is selected according to the source data and the wishes of the client, the characteristics of the body. All variants of the procedure do not exceed an hour in duration. Specialists distinguish 2 main technologies of such rhinoplasty:
- Injection - the introduction of fillers (collagen, hyaluron, silicone) or glucocorticosteroids, filling cavities, adding volume. The technique is performed under local anesthesia.
- Non-injection - rhinoplasty is carried here by threads (through punctures), which tightens the contours and tip of the nose, and a cuff (worn and removed daily), which reduces its width.
Gel fillers are used to correct most facial features: creating cheekbones, changing the contour of the lips, smoothing the skin. In rhinoplasty, they are necessary to eliminate the hump and fill any grooves where a dense clot is created that mimics the cartilage tissue. Modern cosmetology offers 3 types of fillers:
- Synthetic - the effect lasts for a long time, the drug is not excreted from the body, but can be rejected and cause an allergic reaction. The basis of such fillers is paraffin, polyacrylamide.
- Biodegradable - give a short-term result, but have a minimum number of contraindications. Such fillers are structurally related to natural subcutaneous adipose tissue, rarely cause rejection, they contain collagen, hyaluronic acid, and gradually dissolve. Duration of biodegradable fillers on lactic acid, hydroxyapatite (Radiesse, Sculpture) - 1-3 years, on collagen, hyaluronate - six months to a year. The most used in non-surgical nasal plastic surgery products of this group: Juviderm, Sugiderm, Restylane, Teosial, Artekoll, Isologen.
- Autological - consist of the subcutaneous adipose tissue of the client, as safe as possible, but very expensive. They have no contraindications, as they are made individually for a specific person. The minus is at a high risk of developing tissue fibrosis.
Non-surgical correction of the nose with fillers lasts from 15 to 40 minutes, depending on the expected amount of work. The procedure is simple:
- The plastic zone is treated with an anesthetic gel.
- After 10 minutes (when the anesthetic works), point injections with a correction gel are given.
- Massage action gives the nose the desired shape.
- The cosmetologist treats the plastic area with an antiseptic, gives the patient a card with the data of the drug used (volume, name, estimated duration of the effect).
Threadlifting is an alternative name for this method, for which Aptos surgical threads are used. They help to lift the tip of the nose, remove small wrinkles, sagging skin. For such rhinoplasty using non-surgical technology, 2 types of threads are used:
- from absorbable material (L-lactic acid with caprolac) - give a result for 2 years, restore the skin's natural elasticity;
- Permanent - focused on customers with pronounced signs of aging, retain their effect for 5 years.
Rhinoplasty with threads is performed under local anesthesia (an injection of lidocaine or another anesthetic), the general principle of work is as with injections:
- The cosmetologist makes punctures, stretches the threads through them.
- By adjusting the tension of the material, the specialist changes the shape of the nose and fastens the threads.
- After 2-3 days, the ends of the threads are cut off, the final result is evaluated.
The general principle of conducting non-surgical contouring of the nose with fillers and hormonal preparations is the same: the latter are also injected into the problem area using point injections. This rhinoplasty technique is used to narrow the nasal wings or tip, eliminate excess soft tissue, lasts 30-40 minutes. The most used drugs are Diprospan, Kenalog. Differences of this non-surgical procedure from that described for fillers are:
- the need to attend several sessions - hormonal drugs are administered in small doses for 3 weeks (correction of 1-2 mm per week);
- the use of lidocaine, mixed with the main tool, to reduce pain (local application anesthesia is powerless);
- the possibility of using lipolifting agents - they break down adipose tissue, and not cartilage.
Using a tongue
The safest rhinoplasty without surgery is through the application of a plaster or plastic cuff, which adjusts the shape of the nose by pressure. Serious changes cannot be achieved with her, mainly she:
- removes light asymmetry;
- narrows wide wings;
- slightly lifts the tip;
- smoothes the hump.
According to the reviews of women who tried this method, the crib has few advantages: you need to go with it for several months, and with the curvature of the partition, its use is not allowed. The principle of conducting such a non-surgical procedure:
- At home, the patient wears a silicone clothespin or a plaster cast made under his parameters. Captures.
- The device is removed after 2-4 hours, used daily.
- After 3-4 months, the result is assessed, if necessary, supported by wearing a crib several times a month.
Rehabilitation after the procedure
During rhinoplasty using threads, the recovery period lasts up to 3 weeks, in other cases (fillers, hormonal drugs) - only 5-7 days. Bruising and swelling have already passed within 24 hours, although when using threads can remain for 7 days. To minimize the risk of adverse effects from non-surgical nose correction, the following recommendations help:
- After returning from the beautician, apply a cold compress to the rhinoplasty area - this will prevent swelling.
- The next day, do a corrective massage with a specialist - this will distribute the filler more evenly.
- The first 3-4 days, do not visit the solarium and do not go out in the open sun (especially if hormonal preparations were administered), do not go to the sauna and bathhouse, do not use cosmetics, and do not exercise.
- For a week, do not touch your nose, do not push, avoid injuries, do not drink alcohol.
All methods of non-surgical correction of the nose are minimally invasive (langeta does not imply any damage to the skin), but they do not exclude the occurrence of adverse reactions and complications due to exposure to soft tissues. Short-term effects that should not be troubling include redness, swelling, swelling, bruising, and sore nose. Long-term complications are more severe and unpleasant, may require the intervention of a doctor:
- allergic reactions of varying severity;
- infection (often herpes virus);
- fibrotic tissue changes;
- prolapse of the skin (with an excess of filler);
- vascular embolism;
- rupture of threads;
- deformation of the nose, which can not be fixed immediately (if the procedure is unsuccessful, you need to wait until the fillers resolve).
Compared with classical rhinoplasty, nose correction without surgery is better tolerated, safer, but due to the use of drugs for subcutaneous administration, it has a number of contraindications:
- pregnancy, lactation;
- allergy to the composition of the gel for injection;
- cold sores in active form;
- infectious diseases (SARS, influenza, etc.) - after recovery, wait 1-2 weeks;
- autoimmune diseases (a doctor’s consultation is required);
- diabetes mellitus and other disorders of the endocrine system;
- low-grade tumors;
- inflammation or damage to the skin of the face in the suspected area of rhinoplasty;
- tendency to occur keloid scars;
- menstruation (the procedure will be painful, prolonged bleeding may occur).