Already not the first decade, an artificial manicure created by building on nail tips has been popular. This procedure is simple, while it allows you to get beautiful nails of the desired length, shape, even novice masters quickly learn to perform it. Tips themselves differ in thickness, color, size, length, contact area, etc. Thanks to this variety, any girl has the opportunity to become the owner of an original beautiful manicure.
What are nail tips
Any nail tips for building nails is an artificial material in the form of plates (usually plastic) that imitates a real human nail. They are also called wireframes, substrates, patterns. They consist of a free edge and a contact zone, with which they are attached directly to a natural nail plate. The name of the product comes from the English word tip, which means "tip" in translation.
Using this material, as well as several other tools and tools, you can quickly extend the nail plate, giving the desired shape and design any design. This procedure helps women who have difficulty growing their own nails get the perfect manicure that lasts at least 3-4 weeks. Today, transparent, translucent, multi-colored artificial nail plates are produced, with different bends and even with a pattern.
Tips extension has supporters and opponents among both clients and craftsmen. The obvious advantages of templates that mimic a natural nail are the following factors:
- Using this material, it is possible to grow even on the shortest nail plate, since the tips have a contact zone. Forms for building, for example, will not work, they need a small free edge for adhesion to acrylic, gel.
- The transition zone of a natural to artificial nail is considered stressful, since a large load and "responsibility" for holding the extended tip fall on it. If the zone is poorly strengthened, the slightest pressure will lead to a crack or breakage of the nail. With tips this will not be a problem.
- The simplicity of the process. Having acquired the necessary materials, tools, watching a training video, any girl will be able to build her nails on tips. With forms, difficulties often arise regarding the correct, even formation of a free edge.
- With artificial plates, a thick, dense, sturdy tip is formed, which will not be so easy to break.
- It is easier to make complex forms of the nail plate on them.
- In case of an injury, the tip template is likely to simply peel off, while a crack on a paper form often leads to damage to one’s own nail and causes severe pain.
Those who did nail extensions more than once, highlighted some of the negative aspects of the procedure:
- All standard templates are made of a certain shape, so after building the nails still look artificial.
- The tip of the "tips" nails often turns out to be thick, which does not always look beautiful and often causes inconvenience.
- When using low-quality adhesive material, the free edge of the typical marigolds often peels off and disappears.
The first plastic molds appeared in the 70s, they were made by hand, so they looked rough, thick. Over time, the procedure for nail extensions became more popular, the production of tips was mechanized. In the modern world they are made from the following materials:
- Nylon. Durable, elastic, shock-resistant substance, easy to model, holds its shape well. For self-extension at home, such substrates will not work, since it is very difficult to attach to your own nail plate.
- Polyflex. Often make gel nail extensions on tips made of this material, since such frames are not destroyed by the action of acetone, are elastic, simply and easily adhere to a natural nail.
- ABS plastic. The most popular material for the production of tips, consists of acrylonitrile, butadiene and styrene. It has excellent elasticity, good adhesion.
In addition to the material used for the manufacture, plastic frames differ in shape that determines the design of the nails:
- Classic. Most often they are used for building, as they have a natural bend and are suitable for any form of the nail plate.
- Almond-shaped. They are used to create artificial manicure of the same form. Often lacking a contact edge to facilitate the modeling of a French design.
- Direct (contactless). They do not have a contact edge, so they are great for creating a service jacket.
- Skinny. Ideal for modeling cat manicure, giving the form of "Bridget", "stylet".
- Bent. Designed for quick nail extension in the style of "American".
By color, they distinguish between transparent, flesh, color, French-tips and with a pattern. Each type of such plastic frames provides the ability to quickly make the desired manicure, with and without design. In addition, tips vary in the width of the contact zone: deep, non-contact, shortened. The latter, for example, are used with a small nail bed client.
What you need to build
Before you begin to build nails with the help of standard frames, you need to buy the materials necessary for the procedure. You can do this in any nail aesthetics store in Moscow, St. Petersburg and other cities. High-quality products are often expensive, so it will be more profitable to look for them at a discount or buy on sale. Often, such materials are sold in sets, as a result of which they are relatively cheap. In addition, it is easy to order pads for nail extension in online stores and arrange delivery of purchases by mail. So, for the procedure you will need:
- tips of different sizes;
- tip cutter;
- gel (basic, modeling, finishing or single-phase) or acrylic powder;
- UV or LED lamp;
- brushes for working with acrylic, gel;
- abrasive files of various stiffness;
- lint-free napkins;
- dust brush;
- a primer;
- liquid to remove the top layer of the gel;
- materials for decorative design;
- nail scissors;
- cuticle oil;
- fat nourishing hand cream.
How to build nails on tips
It is difficult for a novice master and women who want to carry out nail extensions on their own for the first time. However, with the acquisition of skills, you will get better and better. The main thing is to adhere to a certain technology and sequence of actions. In addition, it is important to acquire high-quality materials, cheap ones can provoke allergic reactions, and bad tools can cause difficulties and difficulties in the process.
When building nail tips, you must adhere to the following step-by-step instructions:
- Treat your hands with an antiseptic to kill bacteria and prevent fungal infections.
- Treat the cuticle with a softening preparation, move it with an orange stick or a pusher.
- Next, you need to remove excess fat.
- With a regular file, process the free edge of the nail plate, leaving a small tip.
- With a round file, remove the gloss from the nail without touching the cuticle. Work in one direction, as a result, the surface should acquire a milky matte color.
- With a wide brush, brush away the remaining dust.
- Degrease a fingernail with a special solution using a lint-free cloth.
- Choose the tips in the shape of the nails so that they completely cover the natural plate from one end to the other. The shape of the free edge should coincide with the internal recess of the plastic frame.
- Stick on standard forms. Apply glue with a brush on the concave side of the nail tip, attach it to the edge of the nail plate floor angle of 45 degrees, gradually lowering to the rest of the surface. Press, hold for about 10 seconds, remove the remaining glue with a lint-free cloth.
- The next stage is cutting the plastic mold with a special tool, leaving a little margin for sawing.
- With a stiff nail file, process the edge of the tip frame and the transition line without affecting the living nail. The entire surface should be smooth to the touch.
- Brush off the dust with a brush, apply a degreaser over the entire surface of your and artificial nail.
- Apply primer, allow to evaporate.
- Apply a modeling gel with a flat brush, spreading evenly, dry in a lamp.
- Apply a second layer of gel, forming a c-bend on the contact area, dry in a lamp.
- Remove the sticky layer with a special tool.
- Give the nail the desired shape with a nail file, eliminating defects.
- Sand with BAF, remove dust.
- The next step is the application of the final layer of the gel, its drying.
- Varnish, make a design.
- Lubricate the cuticles with nutritious oil.
Extension on liquid tips
The industry of nail aesthetics does not stand still: recently they began to produce liquid tips from a flexible polymer substance, which can be used several times. They named the forms thanks to the liquid gel inside the frame. With them, nail extension is simplified - there is no need to acquire glue and other forms, only gel and a UV lamp are needed from the basic materials. The process of creating an artificial manicure with liquid tips consists of the following steps:
- Remove the cuticle.
- Sand the fingernail and then degrease.
- Apply hitch.
- Choose tips for the size of the marigold, determine the desired length using special markings.
- Using a brush, apply a uniform thin layer of gel on the entire surface to the selected length mark.
- Glue the liquid form with the gel side to the nail plate.
- Continuing to hold the substrate, dry the gel under the lamp for 10 seconds.
- Remove the tip form.
- Apply another layer of gel, forming a c-bend, and dry under a lamp.
- Remove the sticky layer.
- Use a nail file to shape the side parts, the free edge.
- Fix the result by applying a top gel without a sticky layer and dry under the lamp.
High-quality nail extension depends not only on the correctly performed technique of the procedure, the experience of the master, but also on the right materials. Before buying tips for nail extensions, study the manufacturing companies in the industry of nail aesthetics and read the recommendations for choosing a product:
- To make artificial nails look as natural as possible, naturally, choose thin substrates.
- Tips should be elastic, otherwise the nails will be brittle, will quickly break. You can check the quality of the product by squeezing the plastic form between your fingers. The appearance of a white strip indicates poor quality.
- Of great importance is the composition of the substrates, it is better if they are made of safe material. Give preference to trusted manufacturers who managed to earn a good reputation among the craftsmen.
- Get tips of different shapes, sizes in order to be able to pick them up under the nail plates of different clients.
- All substrates differ in color, shape and size. Universal (transparent) are suitable for any design, for french, choose tips with a white tip, color - for a specific design, etc.
Nail tips are sold in stores where they sell products for building, design of nails and in specialized online stores. The cost of goods depends on the manufacturer, quality, variety and number of tips in the set. The cost of substrates in Moscow and the Moscow region is as follows:
Price in rubles
RuNail (natural, classic), 500 pcs.
IRISK Nango (white, almond-shaped, with a wide contact area), 50 pcs.
French IRISK (natural, narrowed, with a narrow contact zone), 50 pcs.
IRISK Nango (French, white), 50 pcs.
JessNail (natural, shape Edge), 500 pcs.
IRISK Galaxy (French), 100 pcs.
Planet Nails (with a picture), 70 pcs.
IRISK (color), 50 pcs.