At any age, a person can overtake alcohol addiction. In most cases, behind the alcoholic are people who wish for his recovery - relatives, colleagues, friends would give a lot to cure the patient. Unfortunately, there are people who have fallen into the networks of alcoholism, who do not have close relatives who are ready to help. For them, the only method of salvation is free treatment in a public clinic.
What is alcoholism?
Alcoholic drinks of various brands and types are in demand among the vast majority of modern people. Only the reasons and the regularity of drinking are different. Many people know the measure, the dose and when to stop. Some become addicted to stupefying potions. Alcoholism is a mental illness in which a person drinks excessively.
Elena Malysheva: “In our time, alcoholism, as a disease, has become very young. Often, it’s young people who are destroying their future and doing irreparable harm to their health. An effective remedy will help to cope with the problem.
As a result of constant intoxication, disability, moral values, well-being fall, and health deteriorates greatly. The patient develops mental and physical dependence on strong drinks. When there is no alcohol, a person suffers, and to ease them, he drinks again and again. The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse recognizes alcoholism as a chronic disease that must be treated in the initial stages to prevent serious complications.
A person can rarely get rid of alcohol addiction on his own. The disease progresses imperceptibly, and at this time the alcoholic loses his health. Alcohol is a universal cytoplasmic poison that easily penetrates cells, affecting all systems and organs of the human body. With its systematic use, the cardiovascular, digestive, central nervous systems are irreversibly destroyed, the kidneys and liver cease to function normally, and chronic diseases develop.
Even severe alcoholism can be treated. Modern techniques include both medical and psychological treatment regimens. Separately undergoing treatment aimed at aversion to alcohol, which is called coding. Principles of getting rid of alcohol addiction:
- detoxification - elimination of the effects of alcohol poisoning;
- development of aversion to the smell and taste of alcohol-containing drinks at the level of the reflex;
- maintenance therapy lasting 2-3 years.
There are many narcological dispensaries where alcoholics are treated, both public and private. Paid clinics provide comprehensive treatment that helps to cure a strong craving for strong drinks, but at the same time ensures complete anonymity. Government agencies and churches, as a rule, provide social adaptation, alternative or psychological treatment of alcoholism for free.
Here is what 45-year-old Anna says in an interview for 7 days.ru magazine "Alcoholism is being treated! My husband has finally turned into a golden man from a drunken drunk!" - Reader recommends-seohide title ="
Both paid and free help to alcoholics is carried out in several stages:
- Conditionally reflex. Therapy is aimed at developing a patient's negative reaction to alcohol-containing drinks. An alcoholic is given small doses of vodka along with emetic medicines.
- Sensitization. The method allows not only a psychological analysis of the problem, but also helps to create a person’s attitude towards alcohol intolerance.
- Hypnosis. One of the most effective methods of getting rid of alcohol addiction. Aimed at persistent aversion to alcohol. Hypnosis is effective when a patient voluntarily visits a narcologist.
- Encoding. Sometimes free help for alcoholics is carried out according to the Dovzhenko method. The therapy is also based on the hypnotic suggestion of aversion to alcohol, but has several stages.
On any course there is the last phase - maintenance therapy. It captures the result to reduce the risk of relapse. This is a drug therapy, which includes taking supportive drugs, and constant communication with a therapist. The effectiveness of treatment depends on the patient. A person should remember that there are no former alcoholics, and forever refuse to drink hops. Even a small dose of alcohol for a holiday can again lead to a long binge.
Where is alcoholism treated for free
As already mentioned, assistance with alcoholism can be found free of charge in state institutions. It should be understood that the services provided cannot be at the highest level. Free treatment has both pros and cons. Positive sides:
- help for alcoholics is free of charge, because drinkers often do not have funds for paid treatment;
- there remains the right to inpatient treatment when calling an ambulance at any time;
- the alcoholic is referred for compulsory treatment, which is especially important for loved ones.
The main minus of the free state program is registration. The doctor in the medical history makes the relevant information, which can cross out a person’s promotion. For many people, this procedure is the main reason for refusing alcohol treatment. Also, free narcological assistance is not particularly effective due to the negative attitude of the medical staff to the sick. Government agencies where you can get alcohol treatment without payment:
- social centers;
- narcological dispensaries.
|11111111111111111111111||Elena Malysheva: Alcoholism can be defeated! Save your loved ones, they are in serious danger! - Read more|
In the dispensary you can get a free treatment for alcoholism, but it is better to know in advance what methods a particular clinic uses. More often it is a social rehabilitation program that uses psychotherapeutic help, and drug treatment is carried out on a paid basis. In severe cases, alcoholics can be sent to the general ward of the hospital for free treatment, but for this you need to have an insurance policy. Narcological dispensaries provide patients with the following types of services, conducted under constant supervision:
- Primary detoxification. The procedure involves cleansing the body of ethanol decay products. It is carried out using a dropper by infusion. In a hospital, plasmapheresis is also performed - deep purification of blood. In addition to detoxification, the patient receives vitamin therapy and auxiliary support of the central nervous system, liver, kidneys, heart.
- Relief of withdrawal symptoms. In the chronic stage, alcoholism is characterized by the formation of a severe physical condition when you stop taking alcohol. A person suffers from depression, muscle pain, tremors, and other symptoms. Narcological dispensaries in the hospital relieve alcohol withdrawal by tranquilizers, magnesia, magnesium, sodium, potassium and other medicines.
- Anti-alcohol therapy. At this stage, the patient’s body is cleansed of toxins, the alcoholic is returned to normal physical condition, and all physiological functions are restored. At the same time, treatment for dependence is carried out using prohibitive medications. In addition, the patient is prescribed a special diet, physiotherapeutic procedures.
- Psychological help. Psychiatric institutions always employ full-time psychologists who provide rehabilitation support to patients. The elimination of physiological alcohol dependence does not give 100% success, therefore, a correction of the mental state is necessary.
Where to take an alcoholic without his consent
It’s not so easy to take a patient with alcohol addiction to the hospital, because the current legislation protects all members of society. An adult alcoholic can be treated in a drug dispensary only on a voluntary basis. They do not have the right to force a person to undergo therapy both on an outpatient basis and in a hospital - only to persuade. The same current legislation also took care of the patient’s relatives, therefore, forcibly an alcoholic can be taken to the clinic in exceptional life situations without going to court:
- If he is inadequate and does not independently control his actions. In this case, relatives need to prove that the patient needs special care and qualified medical care.
- The patient behaves aggressively towards others. If the patient is a threat to society, then he will also be sent for compulsory treatment.
- Suicide attempt. Suicidal tendency is proof that a person needs compulsory treatment.
- Commission of crime. Any offense is prosecuted by law, and a state of intoxication is not a mitigating circumstance.
Where to code for alcoholism
Free treatment of alcoholism is carried out only with medicines and psychological help. Coding in private clinics for money. In each city, many specialists offer their services at different prices. It is better to contact a trusted doctor, because an incorrectly performed procedure in the best case will not give a result, and in the worst it will provoke a lot of side reactions that will worsen the already shaken health of the alcoholic.
There are many coding techniques for alcoholism. According to patients, the best therapy is considered to be the sessions of hypnotic and psychological effects according to the Dovzhenko method. The treatment of alcohol dependence is considered effective by injection (Vitamerz, Torpedo, Aqualong) or by the method of stitching (Radotel, Esperal). These drugs remain in the body.
Under normal conditions, they do not harm, but it is worth getting into the blood even a small dose of ethanol, as the active substance of any of the above drugs reacts with it. The negative response of the body to alcoholic beverages after encoding is several times higher than the usual state of a hangover. After that, a person has a fear of taking alcohol.
Telephone drug consultation
The Internet has taken the opportunity to get free alcohol treatment to a new level. Almost all alcoholics are afraid of a real meeting with a narcologist. Now they have the opportunity to find out all the information of interest anonymously online or by phone. It is clear that a person will not get a full recovery, but such a conversation can be the first step towards conscious treatment. A narcologist will help to identify the sides of dependence that are not accessible to the patient’s understanding, because the patient’s physical and mental state is destroyed as a result of drinking alcohol.
Not only the dependent, but also his relative, who wants to help, but does not know how, can apply for free telephone help. The convenience of an online consultation is that you can get it without leaving your home and without leaving the patient intoxicated alone. Benefits of the free help of a narcologist:
- getting motivation to start treatment;
- the possibility of round-the-clock communication;
- chance to see the whole problem.
How to get out of hard drinking at home
Narcologists say self-medication is dangerous, but if drunkenness was short-lived, then interrupting it can be made less painful on its own. The main thing is that a person himself realizes the need for a way out of hard drinking. To alleviate the condition after drinking, you must:
- gather strength and stop drinking alcohol in the evening;
- in the morning, abandon the sober hopper and drink 1.5-2 liters of liquid in the form of brine, freshly prepared juice, mineral water, herbal tea from chamomile, thyme, mint, lemon balm;
- then you need to drink activated charcoal (1 tablet per 10 kg of body weight), 20 drops of Corvalol, 1 tablet of Aspirin for headache (if necessary);
- Further, it is advisable to eat a fat broth and take a contrast shower;
- during the day you should sleep a lot, walk, read, watch movies, drink more liquid;
- in the evening, medication and a contrast shower should be repeated to consolidate the result.
Assistance from a narcologist at home
If a person drinks alcohol for a long time (more than 4 days), then it will be very difficult to independently stop drinking alcohol. A narcologist can help get out of hard drinking at home, but it will not be a free service. For this manipulation, a doctor is invited from a specialized or private clinic. The narcologist puts the patient a dropper with rehydration and detoxification solutions that quickly neutralize and remove ethanol decay products from the body, make up for the lost fluid, missing vitamins and minerals.
The administered drugs are prescribed to each patient individually. The selection takes place, depending on the severity of the state of the alcoholic, age, chronic diseases in history. After improving the situation, the doctor conducts a conversation with the patient and his family, during which he explains what are the features and negative consequences of addiction. A comprehensive rehabilitation course is being developed for some patients, which will help get rid of alcohol dependence. For others, a coding service is offered, and the doctor determines the third for drug treatment.
The new generation of drugs act without harm to the patient. After application, there is no post-alcohol syndrome. Drops from alcohol addiction - and pills - can not only repel cravings for alcohol, but also improve the body.
Anna Gordeeva, 45 years old: “Alcoholism can be cured even with poor heredity. I was convinced from my own experience!" - seohide title = "Read more-"
Dropper for alcohol intoxication at home
Intravenous administration of drugs with a dropper accelerates the withdrawal of ethyl alcohol due to the diuretic effect of drugs and the neutralization of toxins. Such treatment helps in a short time to eliminate dehydration and provide the body with the necessary trace elements lost during binge. The price of such a service will depend on the amount of drugs used and the professionalism of the doctor. At its core, a dropper is an accelerated detoxification course. It necessarily includes:
- a solution of magnesium sulfate on glucose, physiological solution or glucose;
- detoxification agents (Sodium thiosulfate, Unitiol, Gelatinol, Hemodez);
- soda solution;
- rehydration medications (Trisol, Disol);
- vitamins B1, C;
- sedatives (Seduxen, Relanium).
The appointment of any medications for the treatment of alcoholism is carried out after additional laboratory tests (blood biochemistry, ECG and others). The results of the tests help the doctor to choose drugs that are more gentle for the internal organs of this patient. Some of the prescribed medications may be sold exclusively by prescription, as they have dangerous side effects.The most popular drugs for the treatment of alcoholism:
- Disulfiram. It disturbs the process of neutralizing alcohol, as a result, against the background of the joint administration of the drug with alcohol, the patient experiences extremely unpleasant symptoms (heart pain, hyperemia, etc.). As a result of these sensations, the alcoholic develops a persistent aversion to drinking. Tablets are taken with meals according to a specific scheme of 200-500 mg / day. The duration of treatment is up to 3 years. Do not prescribe a drug for diabetes, epilepsy, mental disorders and many other pathologies.
- Cyanamide. The drug disrupts the normal process of splitting ethanol in the body, increasing the patient's sensitivity to alcohol. After the combined use of a patient with alcoholism, a feeling of fear, a strong heartbeat, cramps, chills. Such a reaction leads to the development of an aversion to the smell and taste of alcohol-containing drinks. The action of cyanamide occurs 40-60 minutes after administration and lasts about 12 hours. It is taken orally by 12-25 drops every 12 hours for 1-3 months. The drug is contraindicated in severe heart diseases, liver failure, pathologies of the kidneys and respiratory tract.
Many modern pills and drops for alcohol addiction are recommended for over-the-counter holidays.
Attention! The information presented in the article is for guidance only. Materials of the article do not call for independent treatment. Only a qualified doctor can make a diagnosis and give recommendations for treatment based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.