Acne (acne, acne) - a common skin disease, which is a rash on the face. They become inflamed, and getting rid of them is not so simple. There are quick and effective ways to treat acne on your face using the ingredients from your medicine cabinet or cosmetic bag.
Why acne appears
Comedone (a pimple with black or white filling) is a blockage of the hair follicle or pore. The process is as follows: the skin releases fat to rid the face of dirt, mixes with dust - as a result, an adhesive substance is formed. It seals inside the bacteria that multiply, leading to the appearance of an abscess and inflammation.
Acne on the body and face can be the result of hormonal imbalances, skin lesions, hyperactivity of the sebaceous glands, and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. Acne is often a consequence of taking steroids, contraceptives, immunosuppressants.
How to get rid of acne fast
If nothing is done with eel, it will pass in a few days or weeks, but sometimes you need to quickly get rid of acne in a short time. Squeezing out comedones on the face will lead to the formation of wounds, scars, accumulation of dirt, redness. Attempts to mask acne with cosmetics will provoke a blockage of inflamed pores. There are more effective and safer ways to remove acne on the face: in one night or even 60 minutes.
In 1 hour
In such a short period of time, acne can be treated with point remedies for problem skin with benzoyl, salicylic acid or sulfur. They help get rid of pimples for a long time:
benzoyl peroxide kills bacteria inside the pore;
- salicylic acid helps cleanse glands, dissolve dead skin cells, push pus out;
- Sulfur absorbs and removes dirt, soothes inflammation.
These are very aggressive remedies, they should be used with caution and only in cases where getting rid of acne is urgently needed. After them, the skin needs restoration, careful care, proper cleaning and moisturizing.
If you have sore acne on your face, use a cold compress. Wrap an ice cube in a thin cloth and attach to the rash for 3-4 minutes. This will temporarily reduce swelling, hide redness, and a concealer matched to skin tone will mask the flaw.
Acne on the face can be cured in 10-12 hours using a hydrocolloid dressing (adhesive-based compress). It absorbs moisture from the rash zone, absorbs pus, soothes inflammation, and relieves swelling. Compress creates an acidic environment to prevent the growth of bacteria.
Tea tree oil will help relieve inflammation. It must be used in small doses (one drop is enough) so as not to cause redness and allergies.
- Mix tea tree oil with water in a 1: 9 ratio.
- With a cotton swab, apply the composition to acne.
- After 3-5 minutes, rinse, moisturize with cream.
Lemon can clean the skin in 12 hours due to its high content of vitamin C and astringent properties.
Apply freshly squeezed juice with a cotton swab to problem areas, leave overnight.
- In the morning, moisturize your skin with cream.
On the eve of an important day, you can consult a dermatologist for an injection of diluted cortisone.
This hormonal drug will help relieve inflammation and itching, it is injected directly into the pimple. This method will improve the condition of the skin, although acne can disappear within a few days. Use hydrocortisone cream yourself, which will make blackheads less red.
How to completely get rid of acne
Acne can be treated effectively only with comprehensive skin care. You should not wait for acne to pass, if you neglect hygiene, use expired, cheap cosmetics.
Get rid of stress factors. After emotional overstrain, the amount of histamine that triggers an allergic reaction increases in the body. As a result, acne appears on the body.
- Follow a diet, do not eat flour, sweet, fried, do not drink strong alcohol. Eliminate dairy products, which are often an acne provocateur, from the diet.
- Lead an active lifestyle, go in for sports - This will contribute to overall recovery and improve skin condition.
- Do not leave makeup on the face at night, remove it with special products for washing and cleansing pores. Before any skin care, carefully treat your hands to prevent infection.
- Do not use too hard aggressive scrubsthey will only worsen the situation, worsen the rash.
- Do not squeezeDo not pick acne.
- Avoid rubbing skin with acne, not annoyed with bangs on the forehead.
- Choose high-quality cosmetics. Pay attention to organic products without preservatives and harmful ingredients. Use sunscreens before going outside.
Help from acne can not be just cosmetological. For oral administration in the treatment of acne, brewer's yeast, fish oil, zinc preparations have proven themselves well. For external use against acne use massage, acne ointment, masks, wraps. They improve blood circulation, increase skin tone.
For moderate to severe acne, medications are prescribed for oral administration. Sometimes these are antibiotics that relieve inflammation and stop further infection.
The most common topical antimicrobial agents for treating acne are clindamycin and erythromycin. If it is an endocrine disorder, hormones are prescribed.
For external use use:
Cream or gel based on azelaic acid. It kills bacteria, reduces the spread of acne, helps get rid of the effects of acne, discolors scars and strong pigmentation on the face.
- Retinoids (Adapalen, Tretinoin) in the form of creams and gels. This is a group of preparations derived from synthetic vitamin A. They quickly exfoliate the skin, keep the pores clean, and prevent the formation of comedones. Their advantage is the lightening of persistent spots that appear in many who suffer from acne. The most common
- Combined drugs. They consist of two active, carefully selected acne control ingredients. These drugs kill bacteria, normalize the release of dead skin cells, and keep pores clean. If rashes on the face are not just an aesthetic problem, consult a dermatologist. For severe acne (more than 30 rashes), a comprehensive selection of prescription drugs is needed.
Not all types of acne need to be treated in the cabin. The cosmetologist uses methods to reduce surface fat, remove dead skin cells, external soothing or moisturizing.
Salon treatment of acne is of several types:
Microdermabrasion is a procedure for facial rejuvenation. A special machine with a crystal or diamond tip removes a layer of dead skin cells, helps get rid of old acne, cleanse pores, and reduce pigmentation and scars.
- Dermabrasion is performed under local anesthesia in the doctor’s office. The upper layers of the skin are erased with a wire brush, after which the scars become barely noticeable.
- Chemical peeling using salicylic, lactic, or glycolic acid exfoliates old cells, reduces clogging of pores, and smoothes scars.
- Laser treatment removes the outer layers of the skin, changes its structure. It burns tissues at a safe depth, renewing the surface, stimulates the production of its own collagen.
- Ultrasonic cleaning removes the upper stratum corneum without injuring it. The face becomes smooth, the color evens out, and the tone improves.
Acne Control at Home
Self-prepared remedies for acne are an additional treatment. Sugar scrub, egg compress, clay masks soften, brighten and dry the skin, tighten pores.
Home remedies have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, help get rid of new acne, scars after them.
This product contains sodium lauryl sulfate, which has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effects on the skin. Apply toothpaste to a pimple, rubbing a little into the affected area. Soak it on your face for 5 minutes, then rinse with water. Before applying the paste on a small area of the skin, check for an allergic reaction.
This drug is a derivative of salicylic acid, so it helps to soothe sore skin, relieve pain, and get rid of red acne. You can make an aspirin paste that will make blackheads fat, remove dead cells, and dry irritated pores.
Method of preparation and use:
Grind the pill. Mix the powder with a little water.
- Apply the resulting paste to acne.
- Soak for a few minutes, wash.
These mixtures have anti-inflammatory properties. Cinnamon, rose, lavender, clove essential oils fight bacteria. Rosemary, lemongrass reduce the spread of rashes, clean pores, and have a vasoconstrictor effect. Orange, sweet basil increase the healing rate of acne.
Essential oils can cause skin irritation, so they need to be dissolved in liquids.
Method of use:
Mix the essential oil with water in a ratio of 1: 9.
- Dip a cotton swab in the composition and apply it on the skin affected by the rash for several minutes.
- Remove the oil and use a moisturizer.
- Repeat this process 1-2 times a day.
This drink contains plant-based polyphenols that fight inflammation and bacteria. It contains antioxidants that reduce the production of sebum. This helps to permanently get rid of multiple acne. To treat acne, you can use a 2-3% extract of green tea or make a mixture at home. The brewed drink should be stored in the refrigerator for 2 weeks, apply 1-2 times a day.
Method of use:
Brew green tea in boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
- Cool the drink.
- Dip a cotton swab in a liquid, wipe your face.
- After 10 minutes, wash with water or leave the tonic overnight.
The mucus from the leaves of this plant reduces inflammation, heals wounds, and helps get rid of the effects of acne. Aloe gel treats various skin conditions - psoriasis, rash, cuts and burns. The product contains lupeol, salicylic, cinnamic acid, urea nitrogen, phenols, sulfur. When applied to the skin, they destroy bacteria - the cause of acne.
Method of use:
Scrape off the mucus from the leaves of the aloe with a spoon.
- Apply to skin.
- Rinse with water after 10 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure as needed, 1-2 times a day.
You can mix aloe gel with other cosmetic products or use ready-made without preservatives.
It works well as an acne remedy along with clove, basil oils. The higher the concentration of aloe in the lotion, the more effective it is. The gel can be combined with Tretinoin cream obtained from vitamin A. These components strengthen each other, help get rid of acne and their effects.