Varied in properties and characteristics (thick or thin, colored or transparent), a polymer film for greenhouses is an affordable option that helps to collect an early crop from the beds. The film for the greenhouse is different. Gardeners are attracted by the ease of installation of film greenhouses, low cost and the ability to choose.
Types of films for greenhouses
The number of types of popular material is extremely large. When planning to buy a greenhouse film, pay attention to the following:
- frame design;
- Operating conditions.
Ordinary polyethylene quickly deteriorates due to ultraviolet radiation, the integrity of the material is violated. But such a product is inexpensive, for example:
- Name: unstabilized polyethylene film, AYASCOM.
- Price: 849 p.
- Characteristics: size 3000x10000 mm, density 100 microns, color - transparent, winding 100 m.
- Pros: inexpensive.
- Cons: low strength.
Large thickness improves strength, but the life of even the densest version does not exceed one season:
- Name: 1 grade polyethylene film, TDStels.
- Price: 2800 rub.
- parameters: sleeve 150 cm wide, density 120 microns, color - transparent.
- Pros: widely used as a film for cheap greenhouses.
- Cons: will not last longer than 7 months.
Thin mesh gives resistance to mechanical stress. With careful use, the service life of the reinforced coating can reach 5-10 years. The following models can withstand even hail exposure:
- Name: reinforced polyethylene film, 2x25 m.
- Price: 805 rub.
- Characteristics: density 120 g / m², color - transparent.
- Pros: frost resistance.
- Cons: a multilayer membrane requires careful storage.
- Name: reinforced polyethylene film.
- Price: 53 rub./m.
- parameters: roll width 2000 mm, density 150 g / m², color - transparent.
- Pros: increased mechanical strength.
- Cons: requires careful handling.
PVC is a smooth elastic material. Manufacturers guarantee its durability (8 years). The assortment of online stores in Moscow includes:
- Name: PVC film, transparent 80 microns, 1.4x350 m.
- Price: 12030 rub.
- parameters: width 140 cm.
- Pros: high light transmission.
- Cons: requires removal in the winter.
The negative sides of PVC include its tendency to quickly become dusty and sag:
- Name: greenhouse PVC film 150 microns, 1.5x100 m.
- Price: 5220 r.
- Characteristics: width 150 cm, color - transparent.
- Pros: reduces the cost of highlighting plants, perfectly transmits sunlight.
- Cons: requires care.
The two-layer membrane is a combination of the main flat layer and the shock absorbing. It is able to protect greenhouse plants from any temperature changes:
- Name: air bubble plastic film 1.5x50 m.
- Price: 510 rub.
- parameters: width 150 cm, density 55 g / m².
- Pros: excellent heat insulator.
- Cons: light transmission up to 75%.
For use in greenhouses, a special canvas T148 "Oasis" with the use of stabilizing and hydrophilic additives has been developed:
- Name: T148 / 10 1.6x25m greenhouse coating.
- Price: 1598 r.
- Characteristics: width 1600 mm, density 148 g / m², layers - 3 pcs., Color - transparent.
- Pros: prevents condensation.
- Cons: high price.
Coatings of different colors contain additives that allow light to pass through, delaying a certain part of the solar spectrum:
- Name: pink hothouse film (120 microns).
- Price: 3060 p.
- Characteristics: length 2500 m, width 4500 mm.
- Pros: resistant to photoaging.
- Cons: cost.
As part of non-ferrous materials, there are often antistatic additives, photostabilizers, substances that prevent the formation of droplets:
- Name: film greenhouse light-stabilized + antifog 1 grade 4500x1500x0.080 mm, Volzhsky.
- Cost: 3300 rubles.
- Characteristics: sleeve 1500 mm, thickness 0.080 mm, color light green.
- Pros: condensation does not form on the walls.
- Cons: more expensive than usual.
The type of polyethylene that can withstand UV due to the special polymer in the composition is called light stabilized:
- Name: 2-season greenhouse light-stabilized film (12 months).
- Cost: 2696 rubles.
- parameters: sleeve width 1500 mm, length 80 m, thickness 100 μm, color - yellow.
- Pros: strength.
- Cons: high price.
Such coatings are available and multilayer: this enhances the strength:
- Name: greenhouse polyethylene, 12 meters wide, three-layer UV (4 seasons), 2 year warranty, thickness 120 microns.
- Price: 16560 p.
- Characteristics: length 50 m, roll weight 72 kg.
- Pros: durable (2-10 seasons).
- Cons: very expensive.
The microclimate of the greenhouse is characterized by high humidity. From hydrophilic surfaces, small drops roll down the surface, preventing drops:
- Name: greenhouse film "Dew".
- Price: 64.26 RUB / m.
- Characteristics: sleeve width 1500 mm, thickness 120 microns, in a roll of 160 m.
- Pros: prevents the development of the fungus.
- Cons: high cost.
Drops of moisture reflect part of the sunlight, reducing the transparency of materials. Hydrophilic walls are not subject to condensation formation:
- Name: film greenhouse Agro 1500/200 / 100mkm.
- Price: 45.78 p. / M.
- parameters: sleeve width 1500 mm, thickness 100 μm, in a roll of 200 m.
- Pros: Converts excess ultraviolet radiation into a range useful to plants.
- Cons: high cost.
The use of special additives in the composition provides frost resistance for several seasons:
- Name: frost-resistant film Sleeve / Semi-sleeve PVD 3000mm / 150 microns.
- Price: 105.16 r / m.
- Characteristics: width 3000 mm, thickness 150 microns.
- Pros: resistance to frost and wind.
- Cons: increase the value of the crop.
The frost-resistant membrane withstands 3-7 years, subject to operating conditions. This choice is suitable for both large and small farmers:
- Name: frost-resistant PVD greenhouse cloth 500mm / 150 microns.
- Price: 8.76 RUB / m.
- parameters: width 500 mm, thickness 150 microns.
- Pros: hydrophilicity, light fastness, strength.
- Cons: high light transmission contributes to overheating of plants in the summer.
A material that retains a greater amount of infrared radiation than usual is called heat-retaining:
- Name: greenhouse cover Svetlitsa.
- Price: 420 p. / M.
- Characteristics: width 6000 mm, thickness 150 microns, in a roll of 50 m, weight of a roll of 42 kg.
- Pros: possesses antistatic properties.
- Cons: service life up to 8 months.
The heat-retaining fabric can be foamed or air-bubble structure, characteristic matte white color:
- Name: greenhouse film T148 / 10 1.6x50m.
- Price: 3196 r.
- parameters: width 1600 mm, thickness 150 microns.
- Pros: used at low temperatures.
- Cons: increase the value of the crop.
Elasticity, resistance to frost and wind is characterized by a dense copolymer canvas (production St. Petersburg):
- Name: greenhouse ethylene vinyl acetate film.
- Price: 190 rub./m.
- Characteristics: sleeve width 1500 mm, thickness 120 microns, in a roll of 80 m, roll weight 27 kg
- Pros: high performance copolymer film.
- Cons: cost.
High density is also characteristic for coatings based on modified polyethylene with increased transparency:
- Name: GROWTH hardened polyethylene greenhouse film.
- Price: 88 p. / M.
- Characteristics: width 6000 mm, thickness 150 microns, in a roll of 50 m.
- Pluses: it is steady against climatic influences.
- Cons: overheating of plants is possible.
PVC material passes air to plants. Thus, air exchange is carried out and the microclimate is maintained:
- Name: PVC film.
- Price: 65 rub. / m
- parameters: width 1400 mm, thickness 120 microns, in a roll of 200m.
- Pros: frost-resistant.
- Cons: increased cost.
Breathable membranes are offered by many manufacturers. Their use is suitable for different types of climate:
- Name: greenhouse film, wide 9 m.
- Price: 65 rub./m.
- Characteristics: 180 microns thick.
- Pros: 90% transparency.
- Cons: may sag.
How to choose a film for greenhouses
When choosing which film is best for the greenhouse, you should pay attention to the following characteristics of the covering materials:
- Strength - under the gusts of wind, poor-quality material will quickly burst.
- Durability - the best performance for stabilized photo-resistant coatings.
- Web width - affects the number of joints, increasing the complexity of the work.
Anna, 52 years old My husband and I have been choosing for a long time what kind of greenhouse film we need. We decided to try reinforced. The purchase paid off. She served us for four whole years. This is much longer than regular polyethylene, which was before. Reinforced coating lasted in the heat and frost. The price is high, but we took a discount on the stock.
Sergey, 60 years Six years ago, I decided to buy a film for a greenhouse, I took PVC for a test, because the sale was in the store. The following year, she closed it and a small greenhouse on a wooden frame. It's been 5 years now. I don’t take off for the winter, I cover it with cloth full of frost. I distributed the remnants of the roll to relatives and neighbors in the country, everyone appreciated it positively.
Olga, 43 years old. I just decide which and where to buy a film for a greenhouse on a metal frame. Our greenhouse is closed with yellow light stabilized. Three years have passed, everything is in order. I shoot carefully for the winter. I am more inclined to the proven option, but I think I order by mail: there is delivery, and cheap, compared to the nearest stores.